When Pokemon was first introduced, nobody knew that it would become as popular as it has today. The first Pokemon series arrived way back in 1995, and the tale of a world where humans capture Pokemons’ and pit against each other has only grown more exciting. Created by Satoshi Tajiri, Pokemon is owned by The Pokemon Company, and interestingly the tale actually began as a video game, designed for the Nintendo Game Boy. It was only then that it was written and released as animated cartoon series for kids all over the world. Reports suggest that the Pokemon brand earned more than $2 billion in 2014 alone.
Pokemon – A World Every Child Wants to Live In
It is no secret that when we see Pokemon, we are facing one of the best series of all times. It has broken all the records and is watched by children all over the world. Pokemon merchandise sells well even today and the franchisee witnesses sales in millions even today. One of the most popular merchandise remains the Pokemon ball but Pokemons like Pikachu remain the favorite as toys. In fact, in many countries around the world, Pokemon toys are even offered as free items with children food.
The young and the old are equally passionate about it and the show has legions of fans around the world. But why did it become so popular? Here are some of the reasons you might love the Pokemon world for.
1. It protects your virginity:
If you declare yourself a fan of Pokemon, your shield increases even more if you plead to be a fan of, say, Sponge Bob.
2. For the epic fights:
If you are someone who likes Pokemon for its epic fights, you should know that the creator of Dragon Ball, also was surprised with the quality of its animation.
3. You can see it with your family:
You generally do not want anyone to know that you still see Pokemon at the age of 29, but it is in fact a show that the young and the old enjoy as one.
4. It has a gripping story.
Because it gets good right from the first episode. You have some gripping and unique tales, far away from the normal mundane cartoon series that you see everyday. It’s a world that you would love to be in.
Pokemon is known so far and wide because it is a commercial animation series, in television as well as a games series. It started out as a games series and went on to become a phenomenon, especially among the children. The young and the old are crazy about them alike.
The concept of Pokemon in the beginning was something that had not been seen. Owning a pet and fighting to see who was the best and using cable links made Pokemon, the top of this franchise. That same feeling that sold us, sell them to children because Pokemon is now a franchise for kids! The game is a business after all and will adapt to new technologies. Each installment of Pokemon was released, thinking of new generations of children and not in the old Game Boy players.
- It always strived and did something new or made huge improvements or advancements in the gameplay.
- The objective was not to save the world like the other series, but to be the best coach in the world.
- It is a game with many original characters, and gives you the possibility of having a team to your liking.
- We have two people using the same equipment and the same strategy.
- The music is lovely and finally it is a universe with many entertaining elements and interesting inventions that somehow encourages humans to work together with nature and creatures that live in it and not just to exploit the world as its own.
- Pokemon was the idea of innovation and also talks about a lot of ambition. Like a child can leave home at an early age to do what he likes was something that caught the attention of the children.
- Because it has an electric rat. Who does not want an electric rat? Honestly?
- For many Pokemon fans, we can stop the conversation right here and say that Pokemon is popular because it has Pikachu.
Today, it is one of the best cartoon series and video games in the world and generations love Pokemon. In a span of twenty years, everybody has come to love the adorable Pikachu and express their love for a world that’s far more exciting than the one we live in.